New Business Information

restaurant grading button vector control button food button business plan button Food Handler Exam

Riverside County Department of Environmental Health is a full-service department that is dedicated to protecting the health of people and the environment in Riverside County. To learn more about programs that the Department oversees please visit the Our Services page.

Latest News

Hot & Cold Food Temperatures - As a food worker, are you doing your part to ensure foods are held at safe temperatures?

Food & Water Safety at Home During Power Outages

 Click here for detailed safety information on how to properly handle food and water before, during, and after a power outage. 


 CBD Not Approved in Food or Drinks

Click here for information from the California Department of Public Health on Industrial Hemp and Cannabidiol (CBD) in Food Products



Environmental Health officials have earned two national awards for their efforts to educate residents about food safety, swimming pools safety and mosquito-borne diseases, and for developing an online system that helps businesses file hazardous-materials plans online. Click here to view full press release. 



Hazardous Materials Business Plan (Disclosure Program) Informational Videos

Are you a new business that handles hazardous materials and needs help understanding the disclosure program?

If this is you, click on a topic below.
Part I: Are you a handler of hazardous materials?
Part II: Chemical Identification
Part IV: Business Plan Requirements
Part V: Common Violations  



An alliance of agencies that protects Californians from hazardous waste has named Riverside County’s Hazardous Materials Branch as its outstanding agency for 2018.  Click here to view full press release.



New Testing Times for Backflow Written Exam

We now offer our backflow written exam, Monday through Friday, in our downtown Riverside office located at 3880 Lemon St., Suite 200. 

Testing times are 8:30am or 1:30pm. Please visit our Water Program page for more information. 


Commercial Cannabis in Riverside County

Please visit the Cannabis webpage to learn more.

For cities which allow cannabis businesses, a permit with Riverside County Department of Environmental Health may be required.  Click here for more information or email us with your questions.


Submit Your Construction Plans Online

The Department of Environmental Health will accept electronic plan submittals for food, mobile food and pool facilities.  Click here for more details.


Business Plan Updates Are Due Annually

If your facility stores hazardous materials above threshold quantities, then you are required to submit a new Business Plan in CERS on a annual basis. Please click here to submit an updated plan. 

Food Donation

Any food facility may donate food to a food bank or another non-profit charitable organization for distribution to persons free of charge.  Click here for more information. 


Field level help.