The Riverside County Department of Environmental Health is a full-service department that is dedicated to protecting the health of people and the environment in Riverside County. To learn more about programs that the Department oversees please visit the Our Services page.

Latest News

 May is National Water Safety Month!  Help celebrate by learning how to keep your swimming pool clean and safe for a healthy and enjoyable summer.  This video includes information on proper care and maintenance of swimming pool water as well as pool safety, including drowning prevention. 

Business Plan Updates Are Due Annually

If your facility stores hazardous materials above threshold quantities, then you are required to submit a new Business Plan in CERS on a annual basis. Please click here to submit an updated plan. 

Food Donation Info Bulletin

5-3-17 Any food facility may donate food to a food bank or to another non-profit charitable organization for distribution to persons free of charge.  Click here to read the info bulletin and see the current list of food banks accepting food donations in your area and their hours of operation.     


 Menu Nutritional Labeling Requirements

5-3-17  In an effort to help consumers make informed choices, California has adopted federal menu labeling requirements. The menu labeling compliance date has been extended to MAY 7, 2018.  To help the public understand the new law, Riverside County Department of Environmental Health has created an informational bulletin.  Click here to view the bulletinThe U.S. Food and Drug Administration has developed a labeling guide for food retailers as well.  Click here to view.


Free tobacco retail courses offered by the BOE 

2-27-17 The Board of Equalization (BOE) offers free classes for retailers who sell or plan to sell tobacco products in California.  This class is designed to inform, answer questions and help retailers understand State and local requirements and their responsibilities as a vendor of tobacco products in Riverside County.  Click here to see the flyer.  



County environmental health officials offer reminder after two rodents test positive for hantavirus

01-17-2017 Two out of 11 rodents collected in late December from the San Timoteo Canyon at the Norton Younglove Preserve near the city of Beaumont have tested positive for hantavirus.  Click here to see the press release for more information. 



Mosquito Fogging Scheduled for November 17th, 2016 in Unincorporated East Hemet

11-16-2016 Riverside County Vector Control Program will be conducting mosquito fogging in Unincorporated East Hemet on November 17th between the hours of 5 AM and 7 AM. Click here to see the press release for more information  


Riverside County Local Agency Manangement Program (LAMP) is approved

11-17-2016 - Click here to view copy of LAMP.


New Tobacco 21 Law goes into effect June 9, 2016

6/8/2016 - Resources are now available to help you get prepared. Click here for more infomation.


Updated Environmental Health Fees Take Effect July 1, 2016

5/27/2016 - Starting July 1, 2016, the Department of Environmental Health's updated permit fees will take effect. Contact a local Environmental Health office for more information. Click here for latest fee schedule.

County Health Officials Offer Hantavirus Reminder after Ten Rodents Test Positive 

4/25/2016 - Ten rodents collected by Riverside County Environmental Health in San Timoteo Canyon near Beaumont have tested positive for hantavirus. To read the press release click here.



Health Advisory: Zika Virus in Latin America

2/1/2016 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a travel alert for people traveling to regions and certain countries where Zika virus transmission is ongoing. Click here for more information, or click on Spanish.


Field level help.