× Search
Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Wells | Environmental Health | County of Riverside



Dry Wells

If You Are Seeing Lower Rates of Production and Suspect Your Well is Going Dry

  • Consult with a licensed C-57 contractor to diagnose your well for any mechanical or construction concerns that may be lowering your water production.

Find A Licensed C-57 Contractor



  •  Check if you are in an area where wells are going dry.  The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) has created a search tool:

Reported Dry Wells Search Tool




  • If you think you need a temporary water source, here is a list of State approved water haulers:

Licensed Water Haulers             


Dry Well Reporting

DWR is continuing to gather information for the State to identify areas where aquifers are drying up. With this data, the State is hoping to better allocate resources to ensure that everyone has water. If your well has gone dry, here is the link to report your dry well:

Report Your Dry Well


Possible Funding Sources To Help Fix Well Issues

Need to Repair or Drill a New Well?

Any repairs or drilling of a new well will need to be permitted by our Department. Information related to permitting of well repairs or drilling of new wells is provided on our Wells page.


Well Drilling Inspection
Individual Well
Riverside Office
  4080 Lemon St., 10th Floor
     Riverside, CA 92501
 In person: Monday-Friday
   7:30am - 12pm and 1pm - 4:30pm
  47-950 Arabia St, Suite A
     Indio, CA 92201
 In person: Monday & Wednesday
   7:30am - 12pm and 1pm - 4:30pm


Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2023 Riverside County Department of Environmental Health
Back To Top