× Search
Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Delinquent Trash Charges

Delinquent Trash Charges

Frequently Asked Questions

I bought/acquired this property in 2022. Am I responsible for the previous owner’s trash bill?

If you have acquired the property in 2022, you are not responsible for charges accrued in 2021. You may establish the effective date of the change of ownership by providing your trash company a copy of an opening utility bill, an escrow document, or grant deed.

What if the property is vacant or is a vacation home?

Contact your trash company so they can review your account and make an assessment.

I don’t have trash cans with a trash company. Why am I getting billed?

Everyone is required to have trash service as per Ordinance 745. Fill out the inquiry form below and a department representative will contact you within two business days.

I own this property, but I have tenants living there. Who is responsible for these charges? 

This may indicate that your tenant has not paid the charges for trash service. Riverside County Ordinance 745 makes trash disposal the responsibility of the property owner. If your tenants do not pay for their trash charges, the bill becomes the legal obligation of the property owner.  Contact the trash company to make the payment.

The owner of the property passed away. How do I get this resolved?

Contact your trash company to make arrangements for payment. You may need to provide supporting documents of the deceased. 

Can I make a payment directly to Environmental Health?

No. Please contact your trash company to make all payments.

How do I get in contact with my trash company?

Waste Management of the Inland Empire (WMI)
P.O. Box 541008
Los Angeles, CA 90054-1008
(866) 949-9719

CR&R Incorporated
P.O. Box 125
Stanton, CA 90680
(888) 870-4494 
(800) 826-9677

When is the last day I can pay my bill?

The last day to make payment so that this will not be added to your property tax bill is July 22, 2022.

Can I just let these delinquent charges go on my property tax bill?

You can, however, additional fees are added to your delinquent charges when they are added to your property tax bill.

Do I have to attend the Public Hearing?

No. If you feel the need to attend the hearing to discuss this matter with the Board, you may do so. However, you are not required to be present during that hearing and can settle your account prior to the hearing date.

I’ve contacted my trash company, but I still have questions. Who else can I talk to?

We’re here to help. Fill out the inquiry form below and a department representative will contact you within two business days.


Delinquent Trash Inquiry Form



Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2023 Riverside County Department of Environmental Health
Back To Top